Updated July 8th, 2020
The “Client” stated on the Service Agreement to which these General Terms and Conditions are attached hereby agrees to the following terms for all services (“Services”) ordered by Client to be provided here-under by Becky Lee Lifestyle Management (“Service Provider”). The Service Agreement and these General Terms are together to be executed by each of the parties and are to be referred to as the “Agreement
12. Additional Work. Client understands additional work beyond the scope of this Agreement such as event planning must be negotiated separately and may require a separate Agreement.
13. Property. All billings (including invoices, statements and estimates) and time reports are provided as a convenience to Client at the discretion of Service Provider and remain the property of Service Provider. Periodic audits may reveal previous billing discrepancies or errors, and Service Provider is entitled to void or recall incorrect invoices and statements and bill for any monies due on account.
14. Accuracy of Information, Negligence, & Omissions. Client agrees that the accuracy of information supplied to Service Provider is the sole responsibility of Client, and that Service Provider is not responsible and shall not be held liable for the results of services performed on the basis of inaccurate, incomplete or untruthful information furnished by Client. Although Service Provider will competently and conscientiously inspect merchandise or handiwork from third parties (including their contractors and employees), we are not liable for any dissatisfaction, willful or negligent acts, and/or omissions by the Client or third parties.
15. Indemnification/Release of Liability. Client shall indemnify, defend and hold Service Provider harmless from any and all suits, costs, damages or proceedings, including, but not limited to, Service Provider’s services, pertaining to any and all litigation in which the Client is a party. Client shall pay all expenses incurred by Service Provider including, but not limited to, all attorneys’ fees, costs and expenses incurred should Service Provider be named a party in any litigation to which Client is a party. Client shall further indemnify and hold harmless Service Provider and its agents, officers and directors from liability for any and all claims, costs, suits and damages, including attorneys’ fees arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the operation of Client, and from liability for injuries suffered by any person relating to the Client. This agreement to indemnify Service Provider is not limited to any acts or omissions, statements or representations made by Service Provider in the performance and/or nonperformance of Service Provider’s duties here-under and relating to all contractual liabilities, which may be alleged or imposed against Service Provider. All reasonable precautions will be taken to safeguard the property entrusted to Service Provider. In the absence of negligence, however, Service Provider will not be held liable for loss, destruction or damage of any kind resulting from items which are lost or delayed in transit, whether such transit is electronic, fax, mail or otherwise, nor for unauthorized use by others of such property. Service Provider will not be held liable for any incidental, consequential or indirect damages, including without limitation damages for loss of profits, business interruption, loss of information, plagiarism, etc. Service Provider will not be held liable for typographical omissions or errors.
16. Termination. Subscriptions may be terminated by either party for any reason with 10 (ten) days advance written notice of intent to cancel. Retainer fees are due in full for the intended month of cancellation if proper notice is not provided.
17. Expiration & Modification. This Agreement shall remain in effect until such time as one or the other Party provides written notice of cancellation. This Agreement may be modified or amended as necessary after negotiations initiated by either Party. If agreement is reached, only a written instrument signed by both Parties will modify or amend this Agreement.
18. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Province of British Columbia and the federal laws of Canada where applicable therein.
19. Mediation and Arbitration. Any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be resolved through a mediation – arbitration approach. The parties agree to select a mutually agreeable, neutral third party to help them mediate any dispute that arises under the terms of this Agreement. Costs and fees associated with the mediation shall be shared equally by the parties. If the mediation is unsuccessful, the parties agree that the dispute shall be decided by a single arbitrator by binding arbitration under the rules of the British Columbia Arbitration Association in Vancouver, British Columbia. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on the parties and may be entered and enforced in any court of competent jurisdiction by either party. The prevailing party in the arbitration proceedings shall be awarded reasonable attorney fees, expert witness costs and expenses, and all other costs and expenses incurred directly or indirectly in connection with the proceedings, unless the arbitrator shall for good cause determine otherwise.